My efriend, Kirk Allmond, had a hilarious rundown of what NOT to say to a writer. Well, they were all true, but I still couldn’t stop laughing. Truisms like, “Leave a writer alone when they’re writing. You have no idea how difficult it is to enter the zone.”
So I decided to put together my own list of how to talk to a writer. See if you agree:
- You can’t scare me. I’m a writer.
- Patience and writing is an oxymoron
- Patience and writers aren’t friends
- Must. Remember. To. Eat.
- Some days, writing looks a lot like work.
- I successfully spelled ‘Worcestershire’ today in my book.
- There are days I wouldn’t know a good plot twist…
View original post 255 more words