Okay, so no word count updates for a few days. The reason? Well, my Open Office has gone on the blink for and has somehow lost its UK English Dictionary! That means it red lines EVERY word in the WHOLE document, despite everything being spelt correctly so I’ve had no choice but to turn the spell check off in it.
As daft as this might sound, I found myself unable to continue writing in Open Office so I have copied everything into Celtx, which has a novel function. Admittedly, the spell check on there isn’t any better really but at least I get settled down and write… a little…
I am hoping however to keep soldiering on until I finish this month and validate (I am still determined to win!) then mess with Open Office as I have been tipped off that I might have to un-install the whole lot then re-install it to see if the spell check returns. Quite frankly, I don’t want to be messing with that during NaNo really.
Current Word Count: 9,834 words