He has some good points here
I found a post the other day listing fifteen things writers should never do. Sensible enough – especially the rule about not begrudging others’ success.
1. Write every day. Even if it’s only for 15 minutes.
2. Planning is important. I know there’s a debate over ‘seat-of-the-pants’ streams of consciousness versus planning. But trust me, in today’s market, it’s planning.
3. Put what you write in the proverbial drawer for a month after you think it’s finished. Then go back and finish it.
4. Accept that all writers think their own work sucks.
5. Always keep trying. No matter how glum things seem to be, keep at it. If one strategy doesn’t work, switch to another.
In the end, of course, it’s all about what works best…
View original post 18 more words